Valentine's Day is a special occasion dedicated to celebrating love and romance. It's a day to show your significant other how much they mean to you and to make lasting memories together.
Or maybe it's not. Who knows? It seems like everyone has a different opinion on it these days. Is it a celebration of true love, acorporate money-grab event, or just a day you forget about until you wake up next to an angry girlfriend on the 15th? Who are we to say...
That's why this year, we've put together a list of the best Valentines Day ideas for different types of couples. Whether you're a classic romantic, a rule-breakingnon-conformist, or just someone bored with the ordinary—we've got some ideas for you.
Valentines Day Ideas for the Classic Romantic
You're the Hallmark marketer's dream. You love candlelit dinners, rose petals, puppies, and crying during not-even-that-sad movies. You're the classic romantic.
Here are a few suggestions to make your day unique and memorable:
- A romantic dinner: Cook dinner at home or make reservations at a fancy restaurant—it's a classic way to celebrate Valentine's Day. Set the table with candles and flowers, and make sure to dress up for the occasion. You can even make it more special by preparing a candlelight dinner with a special menu you've cooked together.
- A spa day: Treat yourself and your partner to a relaxing spa day. Spend the day getting massages, facials, and other spa treatments. It's a great way to unwind and de-stress together.
- A weekend getaway: Plan a weekend getaway to a romantic destination. Whether a cozy cabin in the mountains or a beachfront resort, a change of scenery can be just what you need to reconnect with your partner.
- A wine and dine tour: Take a tour of the local wineries or breweries and sample the local wines and beers. It's a fun and unique way to spend Valentine's Day together.
- A hot air balloon ride: Take to the skies and experience the world's beauty from a different perspective. It's a romantic and exciting way to spend Valentine's Day together.
- A surprise adventure: Plan a surprise adventure you know your partner would love. It could be anything from a hot air balloon ride to a skydiving adventure or a surprise trip to their favorite city.
- A night under the stars: Pack a romantic picnic and head out to a remote location to enjoy a night under the stars. It's a great way to spend Valentine's Day together and create lasting memories.
Valentines Day Ideas for Couples
Valentine's Day is a special occasion, but let's be real: it can also be a bit cheesy. If you're looking for some funny and unique date night ideas for Valentine's Day, here are a few suggestions to make your day memorable... in a humorous way.
- A karaoke night: Head to your local karaoke bar and belt out some love songs with your significant other. Bonus points if you dress up in matching outfits.
A cooking class: Sign up for a cooking course and learn how to make a romantic meal together. Just make sure not to burn the kitchen or the dinner. If you’re not to be trusted around flames, then simplydo it raw.
- A comedy club: Laugh together at a local comedy club. It's a great way to bond and forget about the stress of everyday life.
- A murder mystery dinner: Dress up in costumes and solve a murder mystery together. It's a fun and unique way to spend Valentine's Day together.
- A game night: Looking for things to do on Valentine's Day with friends? Invite them over to play some board games. Make it a couples-only event and a competition, with the winning couple receiving a prize.
- A museum of oddities: Visit a museum of oddities and laugh together. It's a great way to bond and get to know each other better.
- A DIY home spa: Make an at-home spa. You can use kitchen ingredients to make face masks and massage each other. It's a great way to unwind, de-stress, and break out the bath bombs while making fun of each other's massage skills.
Valentines Day Ideas for the Non-conformist
Valentine's Day can be a little predictable. While traditional Valentine's Day gift ideas such as flowers and chocolates are always appreciated, some unique and silly ideas can make the holiday even more fun.
If you're looking for some out-of-the-box ideas for the occasion, here are a few suggestions to keep your significant other on their toes:
- A volunteer day: Give back to your community by volunteering together. You can volunteer at a local soup kitchen or animal shelter or participate in a community service project.
- A road trip: Hit the road and go on a spontaneous trip. Pack a few essentials and see where the highway takes you.
- A DIY project: Tackle a DIY project together. It could be a home improvement project or a craft project. Whatever it is, it's a great way to bond and create something together.
- A scavenger hunt: Plan a hunt for your significant other. Leave clues around the house and lead them to their Valentine's Day gifts.
- A pottery class: Take a pottery class together. It's a great way to get creative and create something unique and special.
- A fitness challenge: Set a fitness goal for yourself and your significant other and work towards achieving it together. Whether training for a marathon or trying a new workout or dance class, it's a great way to bond and support each other. Just make sure you don't imply that your partner needs to be working out... Nobody wants to be called out of shape on Valentine's Day.
- A theme park day: Spend the day at a theme park and make it a day of fun and adventure together. It's a great way to create lasting memories and have a blast together.
- A "fake vacation" day: Stay home and pretend to be in exotic locations. You can decorate your home to match the location, make traditional foods, and even dress up in clothes that fit the culture.
These are just a few fun and unique Valentine's Day ideas that can help make the holiday even more special for you and your partner. Remember, it's not about how much you spend but how much thought and effort you put into making the day special.
BONUS: Valentine’s Day Ideas for Singles
So, you're all alone on Valentine's Day. Here's a tip: get a boy/girlfriend already!
Kidding. Valentine's Day can be difficult for singles, but it doesn't have to be. Instead of focusing on what you don't have, why not make the most of the day and celebrate being single? Here are a few ideas for singles to make the most of Valentine's Day.
- Plan a Galentine's Day: Gather your single friends and have a Galentine's Day celebration. Plan a fun and low-key evening, whether it's an escape room, a potluck dinner or a movie marathon. If you're male, then simply change the name to... I don't know, Dude-entine's Day?
Treat yourself: Use the day to pamper yourself. Schedule a spa appointment, buy a thoughtful Valentine's Day gift, or indulge in your favorite food and drink. Embrace your sweet tooth. Also, it’s perfectly fine ifpizza is your Valentine.
- Volunteer: Give back to your community by volunteering. It's a great way to make a difference and to feel good about yourself.
- Learn something new: Sign up for a class or workshop and learn a new skill. Whether it's cooking, photography, or a language, it's a great way to challenge yourself and meet new people.
- Travel: Treat yourself to a solo trip or a weekend getaway. It's a great way to explore new places, meet new people, and have an adventure.
No matter what you choose, the most important thing is to embrace your single status and make the most of the day. That’s right,catch no feelings. Remember, being single is an opportunity to focus on yourself and to grow as an individual. You don't need a significant other to have a great Valentine's Day—you have yourself, and that's all you need on how to make Valentine's Day special.
Valentines Day Ideas: Dressing for the Occasion
Did we say that's all you need? We may have misspoken. Whatever your plans are, you'll want to look the part. That's why you should take a look at our awesomeValentine's Day collection.
Made with incredibly soft cotton combed and ringspun, our shirts have just the right amount of comfort and breathability to make you feel as lovable as your partner thinks you are.
Whether you’re wifed up, flying solo, or frantically swiping right—you can always count on us to have what you need to look and feel your best. Check us out today and start spreading the love tomorrow!